s'more pops*

I am fresh from a mini vacation to St. George, and I must say that it was just what I needed! September was a CRAZY month, and I am so happy that we all made it through. But I have never been more excited to go somewhere where I didn't have to think about work and could truly relax. And relax we did. Both days we slept in until 11:00, and took a 2 hour nap on Friday. Then we went and saw The Help (SO GOOD!), and ate at our favorite breakfast spot, Bear Paw, twice! And that's it folks. That is all we did. A whole bunch of nothin. It was amazing!

And now we are back to the real world. Wish our mini vaca could have lasted a little longer, but work awaits us. Oh, and did I mention that Taylor was so fun?? This is the first concert I have ever been to with the hubs. He even liked it! She sang and played acoustic the song "Animal" from Neon Trees (since they are from Utah) and it was SO GOOD! My favorite song that she sang. But I loved how she learned to play that song so that she could sing it here and only here. That is so cool! LOVE her!

And again I continue with my s'mores obsession. I loved these s'more pops. And man, are they easy! Seriously. I wish cake pops were as easy to make as these little guys. And they are equally as delicious. We served these at our parent conferences last weekend, and they disappeared very quickly!


S'more Pops
from Gimme Some Oven

1 bag large marshmallows
1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 package cinnamon or honey graham crackers (about 9 long/large crackers) – or just buy graham cracker crumbs
lollipop sticks (available in cake decorating aisles)

Method:
Begin by twisting the lollipop sticks until they are securely in the middle of the marshmallows.  (Insert them on the flat, not rounded, side of the marshmallows.  Then push them in until they almost pop through.)  Then place the graham crackers in a strong ziplock bag, and use a rolling pin (or whatever you’d like) to crush them until they are finely ground.  Then place them in a small bowl.

Then heat the chocolate chips in a double-boiler or (carefully!) in the microwave until they are melted and somewhat runny.

While holding the stick, carefully dip a marshmallow in the chocolate mixture until completely covered.  Then gently roll the sides and top of the marshmallow in the graham cracker crumbs until they are well-coated.  Place on a plate or on wax paper to let cool and dry.  Repeat with remaining marshmallows.


-alyssa*

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
August 5, 2012 at 5:51 PM

I am a Heritage parent and must confess after eating one of these at the last Conference, I snuck another one in a napkin for later! Oh my, what a treat. :) I stumbled upon your darling blog today and now have your s'mores cookies in the oven. I'm sure I'll be making another batch when my son (Steven) comes home for a visit later this month! Thank you for keeping him so well-nourished. We appreciate you so much!

Post a Comment